Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that I will be compensated for any purchases that you make through my affiliate links. Please read my Terms and Conditions for more information.
Do you ever just feel overworked and burnt out in every area of your life?
I’ve been feeling this way lately. Oh, how nice it would be to go back to being in grade school and not having a care in the world!
Adulting is a serious thing and I am so over it right now.
I think often as mothers we abandon our needs/wants and space to provide for our little ones.
I am always putting someone else before myself, but this is not OK and is a sure-fire way to get burnt out on life quickly.
This is where self-care comes into play.
Sometimes, you just have to put life and everyone else’s needs on pause and care for yourself.
It took awhile for me to understand this because I am such a giving person but I also struggle with depression and anxiety so I have to make some changes in my life.
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.
Momma, you need YOU time too.
Here are some things I do to practice Self-Care:
- Watch my favorite movie.
- Take a bubble bath with Dr. Teals Epsom Salt Sooth & Sleep Lavender, turn out the lights, light a candle, & drink a glass or bottle of wine
- Get a mani&pedi.
- Read a book.
- Binge watch a show on Netflix. My favorite right now is Shameless!
- Put on some music and just dance.
- Have an intense workout session.
- Get a cup of coffee at your favorite coffee place.
- Take a nap (because this is rare).
- Lastly, just slow down and take a deep breath.
Enjoy life and don’t let it overwhelm you. You are a good mom. Stop overdoing yourself or trying to be super mom. You need time for yourself too.
Always trying to remind myself of this!
What is your favorite thing that you like to do on your down time?